[WriteLog] Real-Time Audio Processing Software?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Real-Time Audio Processing Software?
From: bswadener@yahoo.com (Bryan Swadener)
Date: Tue Jun 3 14:44:58 2003
Hi All,

I intend to use WriteLog w/ a RigBlaster.  It sure would be cool to be able to
process the audio in/out of the PC's sound card.  I'm looking to compress the
dynamic range, and do some response shaping.

I think I read that this is possible using software that can do it in
real-time.  Syntrillium Software's Cool2000 "flattens" the audio well but won't
work in real-time.  This is ok for the pre-recorded messsages but it is not,
for live audio.  It *appears* CoolEdit Pro will work.

Q: Does anyone have recommendations as to which software package works well?

VY 73 ES GUD DX,
Bryan, WA7PRC