[WriteLog] tip to use PRIOR to installing software

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] tip to use PRIOR to installing software
From: w9ol@billnjudy.com (FireBrick)
Date: Sun Jun 15 06:46:10 2003
Unfortunately, a file can be changed when installing new software.
Consequently something installed previously may not work correctly or maybe
not at all.

For OS families like Win2000 or XP there is a System Restore feature.
This creates a 'image' of files on your computer that in case of a
corruption, the computer can be restored to it's prior state.
Some of the older OS can use a program such as 'GHOST' to perform the same
function.
I have a 'scheduled save' each night.

Prior to installing any software or upgrades, I run the 'Set Restore Point'.
If I detect a problem later, I use the 'Restore' feature to return my
computer to it's earlier condition.

Check it out, it's saved my butt more than once.

A three-legged dog walks into a saloon in the Old West. He slides up to the
bar and announces: "I'm looking for the man who shot my paw".

W9OL, Bill H. in Chicagoland