[WriteLog] USB to serial problem?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] USB to serial problem?
From: tmorton@bigplanet.com (C T Morton)
Date: Mon Jun 16 18:42:48 2003
I downloaded the ComEmuldrv serial port bridge driver from web site.
Followed the directions for installing and configuring. Rebooted computer,
went to WL and tried to interface with rig 756PRO, WL said "comm port not
avail". Went to device manager and discovered that under multi-serial/mixW
that the icon was yellow exclamation point. Under General, MixW serial port
bridge/ device status, "Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this
hardware (code 37)". Under Driver:files it shows:
C:\windows\system32\drivers\ComEmuldrv.sys
C:\windows\system32\mixserialemul.dll

How do I get Windows XP to recognize the drivers that are installed? Using
Sony Vaio with 2 usb ports...
Also, I am curious why when configuring we choose first and second emulated
ports for each pair?
Tnx
Tom K6CT