[WriteLog] RE: Setting up for FD

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RE: Setting up for FD
From: vgauvin@nortelnetworks.com (Vic Gauvin)
Date: Fri Jun 20 13:09:24 2003
In addition to the previous Entry Window suggestions to KU7T for FD, there's
another idea that can make what goes in each field clearer:  Relabel them to
what they are.

This is done using the same Contest / Exchange Format Setup window.  There's
a field near the top that is the display name for the Entry Window field.  I
changed RCV to CLS for Class (since it's only 3 characters), and QTH to
SECTION.  Along with the other suggestions, you now just have three clearly
named fields to deal with.

BTW, if you didn't notice it in an earlier thread, the RCV (or CLS) field
does not evaluate your entry to determine if it's a correct class or not.
It's free form, so you can put in 0Z (zero zed) if you want.  So watch out
for this one.

Good luck in FD.  We'll try to work you on all HF bands and modes. And we're
using networked WL for the first time as well.

Vic K1PY
at W2RDX 3A WNY