[WriteLog] WL License Agreement question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WL License Agreement question
From: g3sjj@btinternet.com (G3SJJ)
Date: Wed Jun 25 17:56:52 2003
Greg, seems to me your guys are over reacting. If a contest logging program
has networking capablity then by definition it would need to be installed on
other computers. I guess it would be polite to remove the software after the
contest but on the other hand you might get some users to take a more active
interest in contesting and then purchase their own copy. Seems to me that as
long as you are not actively encouraging someone to use the program on a
long term basis then I, as a paid up subscriber, would not have any problem,
I guess the writers would take a similar line.

In my own case, a good friend of mine, GU0SUP, loaned me his copy for
evaluation since I had been using NA for some 8 years and was somewhat
apprehensive about the change. After subscribing to this Reflector and
trialing WL out on a couple of events I decide I was confident enough to
make the change and took out a subscription.

73 Chris G3SJJ

GB5HQ op 10m/80m CW in upcoming IARU Contest plus GU8D op/organiser in IOTA
Contest 2 weeks after!
(After all that going to Italian Lakes for some R&R but no radio!!)