[WriteLog] Networking an XP Machine away from it's domain with a 98 Mach

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Networking an XP Machine away from it's domain with a 98 Machine
From: g4piq@btinternet.com (Andy Cook, G4PIQ)
Date: Sat Jul 5 06:44:54 2003
I know stuff related to this topic has been discussed lately, but having
read the comments I'm still no further forward - probably due to a lack of
basic XP understanding.

I have 1 machine running XP which normally resides on a domain. However - it
will not be connected to any network with access to the domain during the
contest. This machine connects fine to the W98 machine, but Qs only go one
way. When I try and connect the 98 machine to the XP machine, I get a logon
screen with username / domain / password, but entering the usual password
for the username in the domain I get an invalid password error. Same basic
username and password on each machine.

I know the easy way would be to reconfigure the XP machine to Workgroups,
but I don't want to do that because of issues when re-connecting to the
domain.

Any clues?

73,

Andy, G4PIQ