[WriteLog] The unknown mult

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] The unknown mult
From: pcooper@guernsey.net (Phil Cooper)
Date: Sat Jul 5 16:15:27 2003
Hi again all,

OK, it is nice to know I am not alone with the unknown mult! At least it
doesn't affect the scoring.

As for W0 coming up as JA0, I haven't noticed that with any other W call
areas, so is it just a problem with W0?
I did try calling W0ETC, but he didn't hear me at all.
Oddly, I did work W7TI/6 very easily, and he had a huge signal here. Much
better than K4GMH and WX4TM who were only just audible.
You have to wonder if it wasn't long path propagation, as the JA's are
stronger.

Some very odd propagation at play here, with most of Europe fading away to
nothing at times, and only stations like VR2BG and some JA's being heard
here.

I have now completed 3 hours in the shack, so will call it a day for now,
and start tomorrow for the last 3 hours of the contest.

BTW.......... I am running with just my half-size G5RV, simply so I can
enter the "wires only" section.

Goetz, thanks for that, but at least it works!

73 all, and see you in the morning, for the last 3 hours.
de Phil GU0SUP