[WriteLog] RTTY: XP won't activate more than 1 COM Port

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RTTY: XP won't activate more than 1 COM Port
From: kj6ra@starband.net (Rich Zanni)
Date: Tue Jul 15 01:42:22 2003
Has anybody had a problem in XP, where it will only activate one COM
Port at a time?

I have had the same setup in the past working, but the last RTTY contest
I was in was the Roundup.

I tried to use it on Field Day and every time I tried to enable the
keying for FSK, then it shuts down the other port that was used for
radio frequency. It's acting like an IRQ problem but in XP I don't seem
to be able to change that as it is automatically managed. I again spent
some time tonight trying it with no luck.

An example of my problem is:

The radio is on COM 1 and Writelog/MMtty is on COM 2, I set my radio in
Writelog to COM 1 and then set the port in RTTYrite to COM 2. As soon as
I do that it tells me COM 1 "Can't open Com 1" AND I lose radio control
"No Rig". Not until I move the radio over to Com 1 and reconfigure my
ports in WL to Com 1 do I get radio control back. Then I try configuring
RTTYrite to Com 2 and the same thing happens all over.

Has anyone else seen anything like this as I have spent hours trying
different combinations to no avail, but it sure seems like I have an IRQ
sharing problem.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Rich KJ6RA