[WriteLog] WL sound card voice keyer, No Joy!

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WL sound card voice keyer, No Joy!
From: w3pt@itech.net (Bob Marzari)
Date: Mon Jul 21 18:55:21 2003
Hi!

I would like to talk to someone that is using the sound card features of WL
and having success.

If your within the CONUS I can call you on the phone (My nickel) rather than
exchanging e-mails. EDST here.

I have the program recording from a computer style mic plugged into the mic
jack of the sound card and I can get it to play back but the audio does not
sound as good as my Heil mic recordings stored in the ICOM 756PRO.

Should I be able to record wav files using my Heil mic while it is connected
to the radio???

My logging program is DX4WIN and I built the ICOM audio interface that was
in QST a few years ago. It works GREAT with DX4WIN and all the sound card
programs including MMTTY, MMSSTV, and all the digital PSK programs, however,
it is giving me fits with WL audio features.

I have tried running the WL sound card utility, etc.  Been to the great K9JY
site, etc. I am getting frustrated with the audio part of this program.

Is this WL feature worth the hours I have so far or should I just use the
voice keyer in my radio, or buy an MFJ?

Thanks,

Bob, W3PT