[WriteLog] FCC Callsign Database with WriteLog?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] FCC Callsign Database with WriteLog?
From: w7ntf@yahoo.com (Gary Kohtala)
Date: Sat Jul 26 04:27:14 2003
I would like to be able to do lookups with the FCC
database, which is downloadable free from the
internet.
Other programs I have allow this. Simply put the
desired callsign in the entry box and hit tab or enter
and the full name and mailing address appears on the
screen... One in large lettering for immediate use,
and
the other in the log entry itself, in the OTHER or
COMMENTS field (customizeable). CD based callsign
lookups are ok, but they cost money, and within a week
or two are obsolete. I believe that the FCC database
is the best way to go in the long run. Having this
feature in WriteLog would give me just about
everything a serious ham could want. Perhaps this
could be incorporated in future releases of WriteLog.
My two cents worth.... :)

73,

Gary, W7NTF