[WriteLog] Comm port Interface...

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Comm port Interface...
From: ab7r@direcway.com (Greg Fischer)
Date: Sun Aug 3 13:29:06 2003
Hi Barry.  I am wondering how you are set up.  I was keying by LPT on my old
computer running 98se just fine.

I built me a new computer running XP and the bios set up gives 3 options for
the LPT port, I chose normal.  But when I open WL, LPT is no longer an
option for anything.
So I tried every combination I could think of keying from the com port,
chosing PC generated CW and in the CW/PTT box I tried all three settings.
When it does key, it stays keyed and the function keys do not send anything.

The interface I am using is a Donners interface that is normally used for
digital modes with programs like mixW and such.  But is really just a
standard serial interface to key the radio.

Do I have something set wrong or does WL just not work well with XP?

Thanks
Greg