[WriteLog] ci-v interface with an ic-706mkIIG?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ci-v interface with an ic-706mkIIG?
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Mon Aug 11 14:46:08 2003
It sounds to me like you don't have WriteLog set to the right rig
parameters.  I use a CT-17 for rig control, and it works fine with WriteLog.
If you'll email your specific settings for everything, we can compare.  The
"706" has at least 3 different rig addresses, depending on model - See
http://www.qsl.net/wa9als/ICOM_HEX_ADDRESSES

You need to make sure Wl is using the same address as the rig.  You can
change either WriteLog OR the rig so that they match.  When the settings are
wrong, it's possible to get some mixed bag of partial functionality.  Typing
a frequency into the callsign entry area, followed by a RETURN, should QSY
the rig.

> I am sure glad I didn't pay $130 for the icom version of the interface to
> find I can't use it to control the PTT via the interface for RTTY (icom's
> doesn't
> control the ptt via the serial interface) and now not even be able to read
> the freq for SSB logging!

Steve, I'm not sure I understand this last part.  I'm not sure the 706
allows PTT via rig control - Maybe it does, but if not, it's not the fault
of the CT-17.  I just happen to do my PTT with a transistor switch, so I
haven't tried to use rig control for PTT.

When you say "doesn't control the ptt via the serial interface", I assume
you mean via the CT-17?  You can certainly control PTT via a computer's
serial port via a switch to the SEND pin of the ACC connector.

Any of this help??  73 - John, WA9ALS