[WriteLog] New User

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] New User
From: joewhite@bellsouth.net (Joe White)
Date: Sat Aug 16 10:46:40 2003
I am looking for someone that has info on using WriteLog with a set up
like mine.  I am using a Kenwood TS-2000, RIGblaster pro, and Hy-Gain
DCU-1.  I currently have a USB to serial converter that gives me COM 5
and COM 6.  It also has a LPT which I have not activated.  I run my
printer off another USB port which frees up LPT 1 on the computer.
Currently I have the radio on COM 6, the DCU-1 on COM 5, and the
RIGblaster pro on COM 1.  The radio has a DB9 mail plug on it which
makes it hard to interface with com ports as most computers also have a
DB9 or DB25 mail plug on them.  I am using the RIGblaster to run RTTY on
FSK, SSTV, and have the CW connected to the radio.  What kind of
reconfiguration do I need to do for WriteLog?

Ron has so much good information to read it may take me a month to fine
tune and get set up.

Thanks,

Joseph S White
KE4TV