[WriteLog] Using the Sound Card

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Using the Sound Card
From: na4m@arrl.net (Phil Duff)
Date: Sun Aug 17 13:47:56 2003
Here's something I've encountered with my current system which has the sound
card integrated on the mother board.  The problem may be mother board specific
so I'm curious if any others hear the same.

When using the integrated sound card's built in mic preamp/booster the sound
card's mic input picks up digital noise, presumably from the mother board.  Can
sound pretty nasty without careful tweaking of the different input and output
levels to minimize the digital noise.

73 Phil NA4M
Phil Duff  NA4M    Ann Duff    Georgetown, TX.