Re: [WriteLog] OQP module problems

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] OQP module problems
From: "John E Bastin, K8AJS" <jbastin@sssnet.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 08:59:09 -0400
At 12:39 -0400 08_24_2003, Georgek5kg@aol.com wrote:

2.) When you first open the OQP module, you must fill out the Contest
Parameter OHIO QSO PARTY SETUP screen with Call, Station Location and Station
Information. Once you OK that screen, you then enter the contest module. On two
occasions I had to close WL, and later open the OQP module with the same file
name. I had to reenter all the information again on the OHIO QSO PARTY SETUP
screen. IMHO, this step should be bypassed altogether when reopening an
existing contest file, since the information has already been supplied.

I appreciate knowing what other OQP'ers experienced with this module.

Truthfully, I wound up using the Check Call window hardly at all in the contest, so I can't say how it performed relative to other contests.

I _did_ experience the same as you regarding the module not keeping the setup information. Every time I closed and then opened the log, I had to re-enter that data. Like you, I'm sure that once you enter this information it should be stored for future use.

All in all, though, the module worked well and I had no other problems during the contest. A nice piece of work.

  _
 /~\ The ASCII        | J o h n   B a s t i n           K 8 A J S
 \ / Ribbon Campaign  | jbastin@sssnet.com         K8AJS@arrl.net
  X  Against HTML     |       http://www.qsl.net/k8ajs
 / \ Email!           |