Re: [WriteLog] Friend ini

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Friend ini
From: Dave L Thompson <k4jrb@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 23:57:00 -0400
I am using W 98 Second edition on the shack computer.  This is also the
PC that receives the CQ 160 logs each year from trey's robot.  Using
Norton seems to stop any problems.  However I hear that the hole in
Microsoft Windows may also exist in W98.

I too have XP on other PC's but since XP is really NT with a W 9X shell I
want to stay away from the complexity of NT with all the required sign
ons and permissions  as this PC is single thread

But XP or some version of NT will shortly be the only MS supported
operating system all of us will have to migrate so hopefully Writelog
will take advantage of the networking capability of NT ...then multi op
and field day will be a snap.

73 Dave K4JRB