Re: [WriteLog] Insert and plus keys assigned to comma and period

To: Punkymcd@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Insert and plus keys assigned to comma and period
From: kh6nd@lava.net
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 12:24:23 -1000
Thanks to Don, W6OA for laying this out for those of us that realize
just how important it is to be able to reduce hand migration on the
keyboard to a minimum in order to maximize rate, and reduce fatigue,
especially in a 48 hour contest.

I have been remapping the Insert and + keys for years now with several
different logging programs, and for me it makes a huge difference.

My problem is, after many frustrating hours of trying, both on a Win98SE
machine, and with Win2000, I can not get Macro Magic to work. The other
keyboard re-mapper I have been using for the past year while trying to
make the transition to Writelog works to a point, but is less than
satisfactory, using up needed resources, and causing Writelog to crash
on SSB.

At this point I must ask, Wayne... PLEASE take a serious look at
implementing a keyboard remapping feature into WriteLog.

Thank you.

Mike
KH6ND