Re: [WriteLog] Can't Intialize PK-232MBX

To: "David Fisher" <d.c.fisher@att.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Can't Intialize PK-232MBX
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 15:59:32 -0500
I may need some help here since it's been "ages" since I used a PK232.

I had a similar problem with my new shack computer and talking with my
DXP-38.  Try this.  Go to the writelog.ini file and look under [Ports].  There
should be some entries like this:

COM1:=9600,n,8,1,
COM2:=9600,n,8,1,

or

COM1:=9600,n,8,1,x
COM2:=9600,n,8,1,x

If there is an "x" at the end of the port you are using, delete it but leave the
comma.  The default speed for talking to a PK-232 is 9600 I think

If there is no entry for the port you are using, create one just like the
first example shown above.

Be sure to save the changes to the writelog.ini file.

73, Don AA5AU