[WriteLog] Networking problem with writelog

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Networking problem with writelog
From: <oyvind.ekhall@telenor.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 10:34:52 +0200
Hi all

We are planning to convert from CT to writelog at the LA8W contest station
and I am now doing my best to learn the program.

The time has now come to set up a small network between two computers
just to see how it perfoms and to try the different options

However I have not been very succesfull

Here is my problem.

I am not able to network a laptop and a desktop together.
The laptop can connect to the desktop but not the other way around.

When i log qso,s on the desktop it shows on on both computers.
When i log QSo,s on the laptop it only shows on the laptop

I guess this is normal since the desktop states it is not connected.
All i get from the desktop whatever i try is the following: "LOST CONNECTION TO
LAPTOP"

1) I have configured the two computers with the same OS and version of Writelog
( 10.42c)
   ( We will use W98SE at LA8W but this is what I use at home)

2) I have created the same workgroup, username and password for both computers.

3) I can share files and see both computers in Windows networking.

4) I use a server clean copy of the contest on both computers.

5) I have restarted Netseupnt.exe and the NetDDE services

I have used several hours on this problem including reinstalling windows,
writelog , updating drivers etc.
Have also tried with different versions of Writelog but the problem is always
the same

THE DESKTOP IS JUST UNNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE LAPTOP.

Hope someone can help us on this issue !

See you from OJ0LA 19/9 - 26/9
www.qsl.net/la8aja/oj0la

Best Regards
Olaf