Fw: [WriteLog] Friend.ini [HI]

To: "Writelog List" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: [WriteLog] Friend.ini [HI]
From: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:07:33 -0500

> But Bill, you don't say WHY to do this ...???
>
> 73 - Jim AD1C
>
> --- FireBrick <w9ol@billnjudy.com> wrote:
> > Not sure if everyone needs it but you may want to add
> >
> > [HI]
> >
> > to the very top (first) line of the Friends.ini file.
> >
> > Open it with Notepad, and remember to save it before closing.

Jim is right, I should have.

If you want the FRIEND.INI file to work properly with your buffer.
You have to put that [HI]
all by itself, on the first line (top) of the friend.ini file.

I think Writelog detects that info as the proper file to extract names from.

The of course your buffer must contain the command in it.
such as
F2 %R%D tu %H 599 08 08 %D K%R%E

The %H activated the lookup of a file that has the [HI] in it's topmost
line.

(boy I hope I explained it correctly this time)