Re: [WriteLog] Re: CORRECTED RTTY CALLSIGN DATABASE 092503

To: K4SB <k4sb@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Re: CORRECTED RTTY CALLSIGN DATABASE 092503
From: Bob Henderson <bob@cytanet.com.cy>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 06:34:14 +0000
K4SB wrote:

OK, here's the solution to this problem. ALL of the calls in the

master.cal file are
from logs dated no earlier than September of 2002. If your call
doesn't appear, it's simply because you were not in any of the logs I
received.

Ed

You're right.....you need more logs. I will send you copies of my BARTG03, SPRVG03 and SARTG03 logs today. Sorry I wasn't thoughtful enough to do that before. Hopefully some other folks will respond to your prompt too! When the WW is finished I will send you that log too, if conditions improve enough that I can work someone that is!

I'm not sure about the wisdom of only using logs less than one year old though. That feels rather too exclusive to me. Isn't it more of a problem if an active station is omitted from the .dta file than it is if a not recently active one continues to be included. For my money, I would guess that logs upto 3 years old would better cover the ground.

73

Bob, 5B4AGN, P3F