[WriteLog] New User - WindowsXP UserPort LPT Port Problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] New User - WindowsXP UserPort LPT Port Problem
From: "Bill" <bill@beardshaw.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 18:38:28 -0400
Spent the last few hours trying to get the cw interface to work. I am using
Windows XP Pro. I installed UserPort software and ran it  to enable printer
LPT1, I verified in my hardware config that the base address in hex is the
same as the example. Rebooted, started WriteLog again and now the LPT2 port
under the port setup is avaiable (not grayed out) but I was trying to enable
LPT1.

LPT1 and LPT3 are still grayed out. I don't have an LPT2 installed.

What controls which ports are grayed out and which one are avaiable to pick?

Why is it letting me pick LPT2 when when is not even installed? I tried
using this port anyway as a test, it does not key the radio.

Any suggestions?