[WriteLog] FT-897 "no rig" problems

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] FT-897 "no rig" problems
From: "Dick Hanson" <k5and@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 07:45:32 -0400
This may have been covered before, but if not, may help someone.
My radio is an early one from last Oct.
My problem was trying to keep the radio and WriteLog  talking to one
another.

No problem setting up communications etc., but after a while, randomly, I
would get a "no rig" indication on my computer. The only way to re-establish
communications was to turn the radio off and then back on.....and wait for
the next failure. After much sleuthing with the Ron and Wayne,
I concluded it had to be the radio, so after the Sept. vhf test, I sent it
back to Yaesu.

The very good news is when I got it back yesterday, it finally was finally
cured.
Flashing the CPU with the latest stuff, plus changing 4 chip components did
the trick.

 FWIW,
73
Dick