[WriteLog] PF Key Msg Settings

To: <writelog@CONTESTing.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PF Key Msg Settings
From: "Gary Ferdinand W2CS" <w2cs@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 17:24:11 -0400
A stupid question from a newbie WL user...

Is there some way for me to be able to store special keystrokes as part of a
PF Key message?

For example let's say I want to use PF2 to contain my exchange.  When
sending my exchange on a search and pounce QSO, I would like to be able to
send the exchange AND LOG THE QSO in a single keystroke.  If I were able to
include "shift enter" or something similar in the PF2 definition, that would
work for me.  Any way to store an arbitrary keystroke?

Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way.  Here's what I'm coming up with if
anyone cares to comment...The mode is CW.

RUN mode:
PF1 to call CQ
enter call
ENTER (sends his call plus exchange)
ENTER again if I hear nothing (sends his call plus exchange again)
Optionally correct his call
spacebar (now all the fields are filled in)
edit anything that wasn't anticipated given what he is sending
ENTER (sends PF3:  TU and my call sign and I'm QRV for next QSO in the
pileup)

S&P mode:
enter call and hit spacebar (dupecheck)
PF4 (sends my callsign) [Or a conditional send PF Key def]
edit anything that wasn't anticipated given what he is sending
PF2
SHIFT+ENTER

It's the latter two/three keystrokes I'd like to collapse into just PF2. Or
come up with a better approach.

Yeah, I'm a TR convert and not using PF1 for CQ is a no-no.

Thanks in advance,

Gary W2CS
Apex, NC