[WriteLog] Using PK232 and MMTTY

To: "NCCC" <nccc@contesting.com>,"Writelog reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Using PK232 and MMTTY
From: "Garry Shapiro" <garry@ni6t.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 16:00:47 -0700
RTTY-heads:

Once again Writelog confounds and mystifies...

* I was unable to get MMTTY to provide modulation to either my mic jack or
the Patch input, using the soundcard Line Out jack as the source. Probably
just as well, as I have no time to throw together an attenuator before
Sprint. Yes, audio was present at Line Out---it runs my speakers just fine.
I did use a mono patch cord, and perhaps the grounded output is the "hot"
one. I almost ran out to Radio Shack, but realized that there was
insufficient time.

* Now the PK232 initializes, whereas an hour ago it would not, nor would two
other substituted PK232's. I am clueless as to why this two-window scheme
worked well during CQWW, initially worked today, and then stopped working,
and now works agian, except that this time I opened it first in
DX4WIN--which probably has nothing to do with it---then opened it as the
first radio/first Rttywrite window, relegating MMTTY to the second radio
position. I am not going to touch it..the PK232 is set up for FSK and keys
the radio.But I will explore this after the contezt.

When using two demodulators of different types, is WL sensitive to the order
of installation?

Garry, NI6T