[WriteLog] Problems with Rotor Control with WL & Win2000

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Problems with Rotor Control with WL & Win2000
From: KØBX <jduerbusch@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 01:44:10 +0000
I have been a WL user for 6 or more years and thought I had it all down pat, but I got a NOS Dell laptop with one comport and I can't get the Rotor control to work. It works fine on my Win98SE computer.

I am using comport 1, the Hygain DCU controls and all is set correctly.

Here is what I have found:

Writelog rotorcontol on comport 1 and doesnt work.
If I put packet on comport 1 it works fine.

So I tried a VBasic program for rotor control that I wrote and it didn't work either. But when I change the comport to RTSEnable=False from True it started working.

DXBASE2004 rotor control does not work either.

So my assumption is that Win2000 somehow it keeping RTS HIGH. Has anyone had this problem and know a solution?

All the Win98SE machines I have used all worked.

Joe K0BX