Re: [WriteLog] sounds

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] sounds
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 01:39:43 -0700
Hi Jim,

Another solution might be to mute the PC spkr in the Volume Controls panel - the one where you can adjust all the levels, balance, etc.

My HC4 works FB with my MkV and my AWE64 Creative sound card with it plugged into Mic In. Not so good when plugged into Line In as I found out in one contest :-(

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO

Jim Jarvis wrote:

Guys,

Trying to get set up for CQSSB...routing audio via sound card,
and provisionally using vox for control. That may change, if I have
time.

Problem I'm finding is that each time a packet spot is received, there
is a click in the PC speaker...which, of course, routes to the rig's mic-in, and keys the radio.

All program sounds are turned off, in control panel. Short of muting
all sources, I don't seem to be able to stop the clicks.

Anyone got an idea?

Also, has anyone got experience with Heil mics into sound cards?

Jim N2EA