[WriteLog] MK-V Field Interface Problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] MK-V Field Interface Problem
From: "Roger Huntley" <snr.huntley@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 08:19:28 -0700
I have a FT-1000 Mark V Field that I can not get WriteLog to cause the radio
to transmit.  I made wave files and can get WriteLog to send the files over
the computer speakers but they will not cause the radio to transmit.  For
audio to the computer I connected a stereo plug between the "AF Out" in the
back of the radio and the "Line In" on the SoundBlaster sound card.  For the
audio from the computer to the radio I have a stereo plug from the "Line
Out" Plug on the sound card to the "Patch"  RCA phono  jack on the radio.  I
can hear audio come over the computer speakers from the radio but can not
get the program to transmit the radio.  Writelog on CW works fine between
the CW jack on the radio and a LPT terminal on the computer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Roger, W7VV