[WriteLog] RE: MP3 recording

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] RE: MP3 recording
From: "Barry N1EU" <n1eu@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:06:28 -0400
-----Original Message-----

I'd appreciate tips on where to download an mp3 codec that will work with
WinXP so that WL will offer the option to record contest audio as mp3.
"MP3" showed up as an option on my old computer and now wondering how to get
it available on the new pc.

I've received several private emails offering suggestions to get mp3 recording working and just wanted to report back that I'm still unsuccessful, even though I've tried installing several different software packages with mpeg3 audio codecs.

There is some trick that hasn't been uncovered yet - perhaps a registry key is missing.

73,
Barry N1EU