[WriteLog] Sound Card

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Sound Card
From: "K4JA Paul" <k4ja@crosslink.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 21:32:28 -0000
Hello All

After a lot of horsing around I finally solved my Sound Card problem.  I have
all Creative Labs PCI 128 cards (CT4750). These were specifically selected for
the best Audio sound to my ears.

All My PC's, hardware matches in my M-2 station.  I have four Logging PC's, they
had on board sound cards, which made sense at first.  I did not like the SSB
audio with heil headsets.  So we went with the CT4750 Cards.

I run WIN2K and Somehow during the contest two separate PC stopped either the
play back feature or the TX feature of the sound card.  It was very frustrating.

I finally chased it back to the ON Board SB, becoming re enabled in the BIOS
settings somehow.  I also had several versions of drivers and the Creative lab
cards seem very picky in getting the proper driver.  I have too much old stuff
around.

All is better and hopefully we didn't loose too much time in the process.

73 Paul