Re: [WriteLog] Sweepstakes! WL Setup Hints

To: Scot Herrick <scot@k9jy.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Sweepstakes! WL Setup Hints
From: Bill Turner <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 19:22:58 -0800
On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:42:33 -0800 (GMT-08:00), Scot Herrick
<k9jy@earthlink.net> wrote:

>1. The SS message setup is complicated and you undoubtably spent a lot of time
>last year getting it perfected. This year, use the same messages you worked
>hard on to perfect. In Setup|CW/SSB/RTTY Messages, open the dialog box and
>click on 'browse.' Find last year's contest log file and click on it and
>presto chango, your messages come into the current SS contest.
>
>2. Last year you spent a whole lot of time getting the windows positioned just
>right too. This year, use one of WriteLog's new features and import the window
>positions. Go to 'Contest' (I think, I'm in an airport right now!), select
>'Recover Window Layout' and select last years contest. Presto chango, your
>windows are all in place.

There's a faster way.

1.  Start last year's contest by double-clicking the .wl file.

2.  Delete all the QSOs (click on one, then Ctrl-A, then right-click
and select Delete QSO)

3.  Click File, Save As, and give it a different name.

Takes longer to tell than to do.

--
Bill, W7TI