[WriteLog] LCU-3 Radio Interface problem

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] LCU-3 Radio Interface problem
From: "Kevin Hemsley" <kev@ida.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:44:33 -0700
I purchased an LCU-3 radio interface for my Kenwood 950 SDX. Everything
works great with WriteLog, except when I transmit. With the LCU-3 connected
and operating, there is a rapid flutter sound that distorts the transmitted
signal. Watching my signal on a station monitor, I see a flat horizontal
line crossing the middle of the signal that flashes on and off with the
distorted signal. It is VERY strange. It was suggested that the problem may
be RFI. However, I have no other RFI issues. I can run a kilowatt with a TV
a few feet away and I have no problem at all. Could this be a problem with
the LCU-3 interface, or could my rig have a problem, or could it be RFI. As
it stands, I cannot transmit with the radio interface connected to the
computer.

Thanks,
                Kevin.