[WriteLog] CW keying solved

To: "Writelog@Contesting. Com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW keying solved
From: "Bob Marzari" <w3pt@itech.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 15:54:29 -0500
I found several problems self inflicted.

I started when I replaced the motherboard in my PC. I did not notice that I
had an intermittent on the comport that I was using for the radio. The 9<>25
cable between my PC and my Icom radio controller module developed an
intermittent on the DB9 end and the only cables I had were 9<>9 pin so I
grabbed an adaptor that must be for a telephone modem as it has an icon of a
telephone handset molded in. This really got me in trouble as it has several
control lines looped. I did not realize this until I got hold of a break-out
box and saw that the lines were not signaling.

Thanks to all...

Bob, W3PT