[WriteLog] Writelog.ini File

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog.ini File
From: "jebrown" <W4LC@fuse.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 13:57:50 -0000
I set up for the Ukraniun RTTY contest, and all worked fine.

I then set up for the SS CW, and all worked fine.

When going back to the Ukraniun contest, Writelog would not communicate with
the KAM.  The settings in SETUP PORTS looked OK, and the settings in the
RTTYWRITE window looked OK.

After wrestling with this for a while, I checked the Writelog.ini file and
discovered that COM Ports 1 and 2 had disappeared from the PORTS section.
These are the ports used for the rig and TNC (or keying in CW).  However, COM
ports 3 and 4 were there.  I don't use ports 3 and 4.

I added ports 1 and 2 to the file, and all worked well again.

Just to see what would happen, I repeated the CW SS setup.  Again, ports 1 and
2 disappeared from the .ini file, and RTTY would not work.  I had to add them
back again.

What's happening here, and what is the cure?

Thanks

Jim       W4LC