[WriteLog] Dell sound WL compatiility

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <Writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Dell sound WL compatiility
From: "Jim McDonald" <jim@n7us.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 19:13:22 -0700
I ordered and received a Dell 8300 PC, but the monitor shipment has been
delayed.  I bought it from Dell Outlet's site, so the configuration was pretty
close to what I wanted but not quite.  The one I bought doesn't have a sound
card, just the sound built into the motherboard.

Since I'm waiting for the monitor to hook the PC up, I haven't run the Writelog
soundcard compatibility program yet.   I can obviously add a sound card, but
I'm curious what the built-in sound will do.  Has anyone run the program on
such a PC?

An advantage to the current configuration is that I have a plethora of PCI
slots, so I can add a multi-serial port card or whatever.  Actually there are
three slots empty plus one with a modem that I don't anticipate using.  I just
can't use my HAL P38 card, of course as it requires an ISA slot.

BTW, the available inventory at Dell's outlet site is very dynamic.  If you are
interested, it seems to increase in the middle of the night US time, so you
might check it then.

So please reply if you've run the sound card check with the native PC audio.
Thanks.

Jim N7US