[WriteLog] DX Cluster Question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] DX Cluster Question
From: "John Hoaglun" <john@hoaglun.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 07:02:56 -0600
I am pretty new to the DX Cluster thing and I have yet to use it during a
contest but I have been testing it out. (I plan to use it in the future.)

Recently I had the opportunity to work from W0AIH for one of the major
contests. I struggled getting used to working with NA. I ended having to
close down NA and fire it up again. During that process I lost my band map
from the cluster. One of my older/wiser/seasoned teammates showed me
SHOW/DX/20 or SHOW/DX/10 20 so that I could partially rebuild the band map
for my operating position.

When I tried this with Writelog I noticed that the spots did get repeated in
the telnet window but they did not get updated on the band map. Any ideas
why? I can't imagine that all of the spots had "expired" due to age. All of
the new in-coming spots showed up on the band map.

Thanks, JH

John Hoaglun - MCSE
KCØLBT - EN35
http://www.hoaglun.com