[WriteLog] W5XD/K5DJ multi-Keyer SETUP QUESTION

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] W5XD/K5DJ multi-Keyer SETUP QUESTION
From: Fritz Schewe <ad6g@mcn.org>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 12:25:49 -0600
I have acquired a 1000mp, and found that I need an external keyer for contesting. I purchased (don't ask me why?) a w5xd/K5dj multi keyer several years ago but never used it. My kenwood 870 didn't need it. Now I'm ready to interface the w5xd keyer to my Mp.
My problem is I don't understand How the Keyer implements the cw exchanges. Does it use the writelog caned exchanges or do I have to program the w5xd keyer? The writelog site doesn't explain it, only how to interface it to 2 radios.
Can some one help, Any tips on the interfacing would also be appreciated.

Fritz

Fritz Schewe AD6G
PO Box 1009
Gualala, CA  95445