[WriteLog] [Fwd: Keyboard remapping]

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] [Fwd: Keyboard remapping]
From: Rick Tavan <tavan@tibco.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 17:40:41 -0800
If you have been looking for a simple keyboard remapper for Win 2000 or XP, check this out. It requires a reboot to take effect and it applies to all programs while in effect, so you probably won't want to run it when outside a contest. But it worked as advertised and couldn't be much simpler. I intend to limit my use to semicolon, apostrophe and the brackets. These are enough to achieve the goal of reduced hand movement off the home row without screwing up casual use of email and Web while in effect.

73,

/Rick N6XI