Re: [WriteLog] NL7AU/4 in WAE RTTY

To: WriteLog <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] NL7AU/4 in WAE RTTY
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 07:42:50 -0500
DJ3IW Goetz wrote:

> Hi, noted that WL with the latest country file wl_cty.dat 16 Oct
> scores NL7AU/4 as KL Alaska

This is a deficiency in the callsign parsing routine that most loggers use. Well, at least CT and TR do the same thing here, I suspect Writelog does also. If they see a single-digit "portable", they substitute that for the number in the callsign, before checking the country. I.e. NL7AU/4 becomes NL4AU. Since NL4AU isn't in the country file, the default is Alaska, KL7. I'm not inclined to fix this by adding NL4AU into the country file. Since almost everyone accepts Cabrillo nowadays, it doesn't affect the real log score.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC