Re: [WriteLog] Cabrillo Submission: QTC Callsigns changed

To: w5xd@writelog.com, "Paul Caccamo" <va3pc@ciinet.org>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Cabrillo Submission: QTC Callsigns changed
From: Terry Dunlap <kk6t@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 11:31:08 -0800
Just a head's up ......this new DLL worked on my Win98 machine but NOT on my 2000 machine.

73 de Terry KK6T

At 09:29 AM 11/10/2003 -0600, Wayne Wright, W5XD wrote:
> I just noticed when I checked my cabrillo file for submission, that
> callsigns in the QTC's that had a "T" in them were changed to "0" ie CT9L
> became C09L
> I don't know if this wierdness is only in my setup or not. Running the
> latest writelog 10.42C with XP.  The calls were copied correctly in the
> log, it is just
> when the Cabrillo file was generated that they were changed.  Full moon or
> what?
> Just a heads up - if others can check to see if my computer is the problem
> or not.
> Thanks..
> 73 Paul
> va3pc@rac.ca

That is a "feature" for the CW version of the contest.
"T" gets converted to "0" for everything past the last "space"
character in the QTC. RTTY guys don't use spaces, they use "/"
between QTC fields.

Here is the fix:

http://www.writelog.com/Downloads/Eudx1044.zip

Instructions:
1. Download the above file.
2. With WriteLog not running, unzip the download into WriteLog's \programs
folder. It will replace eudxrt32.dll. (If you want to be able to back out
the fix, then make a copy of that file first).
3. Run WL and make your Cabrillo file again.

Wayne