[WriteLog] ARRL SS - SSB Question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ARRL SS - SSB Question
From: "John Hoaglun" <john@hoaglun.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 07:00:51 -0600
When using the packet cluster how does Writelog figure out what stations are
in each multiplier? Obviously DX it is not too hard to figure out.  But
during a domestic contest like ARRL SS I am not sure how the cluster window
is figure out what is a new mult and what is not.

I can imagine that the VE's, KH6, and such are pretty easy to figure out.
But what about operators living in places like ND, SD, Iowa, Montana that
have a very small ham population are can be a challenge to locate(hence you
would hope to find on the cluster once in a while.)

I am sorry if this is a dumb question.  I just finally getting around to
integrating packet into my station so that I have access to the cluster.

I am planning to run unlimited this weekend so that I can use the cluster
for the first time in a contest from my QTH. I am planning on using this
weekend to validate my cluster integration with the rest of my station
before the next DX contest.

73

John Hoaglun - MCSE
KCØLBT - EN35