[WriteLog] non-connected spot grabbing

To: WriteLog <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] non-connected spot grabbing
From: Eric Scace K3NA <eric@k3na.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:19:07 -0500
Hi --

   We are planning to use WL during the CQ WW CW contest operation at ZA1A.  As
you might imagine, local internet access might be
expensive or difficult to arrange in Albania.  Some members of the team were
thinking about a PACTOR link for receiving spots.  This
leads to a question:

   Can WL be configured to grab spots without actually being logged on to a
cluster?

   I have never tried this.  Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

73,
   -- Eric K3NA