[WriteLog] Help, struggling with W5XD/K5DJ Multikeyer / FT1000MP Interfa

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Help, struggling with W5XD/K5DJ Multikeyer / FT1000MP Interface.
From: Fritz Schewe <ad6g@mcn.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 09:54:05 -0600
Is there anyone that could help me figure out how to interface the Multikeyer to a ft1000mp and have it work?
So far all I've been able to do is get the basic computer interface to work. I've done a single radio interface for CW ;Paddle connection 'P8" and direct stereo connection 'P2' to the MP keyer port. Paddle won't key the rig. Also tried a Paralel interface via the antenna relay port, no action!

Other questions I have are will the keyer work without a Writelog connection, I would also like to use it with DX4WIN, and with out a computer connection?

I'm a little frustrated, Help

Fritz Schewe AD6G
Pearland, Texas