[WriteLog] Got it!

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Got it!
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 19:32:04 -0000
OK...first, thanks to all who msg'd me directly.
There were a lot, so this is the most efficient way to
close the loop.   Here's what I (re)learned:

1)  If you delete wl_cty and wl_cty.dat from the ham\programs
directory, you will be SURE you got the program in the right
form and right place.  I was reworking the old data. (deletion
was a REALLY good idea, btw..thanks!)

2)  Read the download instructions.  (duh).  Then, FOLLOW the
download instructions.  Right clicking on the hyperlink and
'save target as' is the right path.  Don't just open the file,
and save it, as the result will not be useful.  (this is the
lesson relearned). (how many times in one life do we have to
relearn this one?)

3)  Once that was accomplished, WL automatically rescored the
contest, when it was opened.

518.7K, with about 6 hours of frequently interupted effort, and
an 80m carolina windom which inexplicably stopped working, right
as I was ready to move up to 20 on Sunday morning.

I dropped it and went to church.  Examined it and re-hoisted it after
church.  It worked again.

If I beat anybody out in a pileup, it was with an 80m halfwave at 70'.
:)

My objective was 1Meg, given family constraints.  Unfortunately, that
didn't count on unexpected visitors.

Thanks again, all, for your help.

n2ea/jim