RE: [WriteLog] CW decoder problem

To: Kurszewski Chad-WCK005 <Chad.Kurszewski@motorola.com>,writelog@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] CW decoder problem
From: "Barry " <w2up@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 22:02:12 -0000

On 1 Jan 2004 Kurszewski Chad-WCK005 wrote:

> > What am I missing?  All I want is one CW decoder window up and
> > running.  The mic input on the sound card is a mono jack, right?
> > Tnx,
>
> Yes, but typically it's the Line In that's used for decoding (and
> typically the MIC is used for your microphone audio in).  Run the WL
> Sound Mixer program and make sure that the "Receive Selection" is set
> to MIC, if that's what you're using/wanting to use.
>
> Chad WE9V

Doesn't seem to matter.  I tried using the Line In input with a
stereo plug.  When CW Decode is set to stereo, one or the other
decoder winodw does work, depending whether audio is going to tip or
ring.  However, when I switch back to mono decode, audio input to
neither channel produces decoding, or movement of the graph
indicating audio is getting into the sound card.
Barry