[WriteLog] Writelog and MMTTY - don't get along anymore

To: <writelog@contesting.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog and MMTTY - don't get along anymore
From: "Cal Kutemeier" <ckuter@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 18:11:46 -0600
My old radio PC died a few weeks ago.  I replaced it with an IBM 380Z
Thinkpad running W98SE.  I can run MMTTY as a standalone without any
problems.  I have the MMTTY / WL plug-in installed, but everytime I load WL,
after selecting a particular RTTY contest, the radio goes into TX mode and
stays there.  I then turn the radio off and on and it is the RX mode.  When
I go into Setup?  for the serial ports, and then exit that menu, the radio
goes into TX again and I have to turn the radio off.

After I exit the WL program, it seems the soundcard is still 'attached' to
the WL program since Digipan and other soundcard programs do not work and
give me a message about the soundcard.  No waterfall in Digipan when this
happens.

I am using Com 2 for MMTTY.  COM 1 is the modem.  I use COM 6 via a Belkin
USB adapter F5U103 for rig control, but I have changed the WL setup up to
remove the rig control because of this problem.

I have deleted and reloaded the MMTTY v1.65, the MMTTY / WL v 1.03? (where
can I download a fresh version of this - not on WL or MMTTY sites) and WL
v10.43.

Any ideas about the stopping the change to TX upon start up?  Looking
forward to RTTY RU this weekend.

TNX
N9KO
Calvin