[WriteLog] PTT to CW delay bug

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] PTT to CW delay bug
From: Dale Jackaman <dalej@reboot.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 22:21:11 -0800
I noticed the problem after introducing some delay on CW startups to
minimize key clicks on the initial CW character coming from Writelog's
programmed CW output.  One of my stations has an old Drake L4 amplifier
and it's a bit slow to get going.

Taking the PTT to CW delay up to 300 msec works fine for the first
transmission, and the second if I wait for a couple of seconds before I
hit the function send key. However, if I immediately hit the function send
key the delay isn't there and the click is back again.

Minor bug but I thought people should be aware of it.

Dale  VE7GL PTT to CW delay bug