[WriteLog] ROUND UP BAND CHANGES

To: "WRITELOG" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ROUND UP BAND CHANGES
From: "Wayne King" <wfking@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:26:17 -0500
Is the band change indicator for ARRL RTTY RU M/S broke?
I am experimenting with ver. 1045M
I have asked about this before but did not receive a concrete answer.
Here is wording right from the WL help files followed by my questions or
observations.
WL:
2. showing the number of band changes you have made in the "hour". With this
setting, WriteLog does not distinguish RUN from MULT QSOs. By default, the
"hour" is the previous 60 minutes, but if the selected multiplier module
indicates the contest rules are per clock hour, then WriteLog calculates the
band changes accordingly.
N2WK:
If the contest rules are per clock hour, then WL calculates the band changes
accordingly???????
I cannot get it to do so. I can get it to calculate it by the previous hour
(last 60 min) but NOT within the clock hour which is by the ARRL rules is
zero-59 minutes and confirmed by N1ND.
WL:
The Band Change window's behavior depends on whether there is a multi-single
column in the logbook, and depends on whether the contest module is
programmed to tell WriteLog about what muti-single and/or multi-two
operations are allowed.
N2WK:
Is Writelog programmed correctly for the ARRL RTTY RU? I have the M/S column
in my log but it makes NO difference.
WL:
For this window to run keep both the top and bottom displays current, you
configure the logbook for logging RUN or MULT QSOs (or Mulit-2 A/B QSOs).
Otherwise, WriteLog counts all the QSOs as RUN (A) and only the top row in
this window updates. You use the Radio This is RUN (A) Radio/This is MULT
(B) radio menu entries. The first time you select one of these, WriteLog
asks to add the "m" column to the log, which is necessary for multi-single
operation. This same "m" column will become the "txid" column in the
Cabrillo output.
N2WK
If anyone can point me in the right direction I will be very thankful. I
have tried to get the band changes to work within the clock hour to no
avail.
When you right click the band change window there are 2 selections and I
select (band change per hour) which is by the previous hour, shouldn't there
be a third selection in the band change window that lets you select by the
clock hour? The second selection is the 10 minute rule.

Wayne N2WK