[WriteLog] 10.45 Phone Operation - BEWARE!

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] 10.45 Phone Operation - BEWARE!
From: "Steve GW4BLE" <GW4BLE@btconnect.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 03:16:48 -0000
I am posting this to advise anyone who hasn't used 10.45 on SSB of a problem
that I have just encountered which has taken *hours* to figure out !

Prior to 10.45 I had been using 10.44b (plus Multi-keyer) without any
problems, with the new release (10.45) my microphone had somehow become
disabled - voice keying with .wav files was fine, but no "live"
transmission, just a "buzz" from the audio.   The problem ? -  the "echo
microphone" box was disabled under the Writelog Sound Board Setup window.
Easy to solve when you know how of course, question is why wasn't the
configuration carried over from the old 10.44b installation?

Shouldn't it have been stored in the .ini file ?

Running data modes are fine of course - no microphone!   But if you find
your 10.45 doesn't work on phone, you know where to look!

73

Steve
GW4BLE