[WriteLog] PVRC Newsletter Article Comparing Writelog and N1MM Logger

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] PVRC Newsletter Article Comparing Writelog and N1MM Logger
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 09:44:04 -0500
A PVRC pal told me about the discussion on this reflector about the article in our February Newsletter.

First, for those who are having trouble getting to the article from the link in Wayne's e-mail -- the web server that hosts the PVRC website has a security quirk that will not permit access to second and lower-tier links from external sources, such as links embedded in e-mail programs. The solution, as Wayne says, is simple -- go to www.pvrc.org, scroll down to the News section, and find the link to the newsletter. Then you can either go to page 8 or use the bookmarks to find the article.

The writer of the article is N4AF, who has used both programs extensively. There is a lot of information there, only a small part of which Wayne referred to in his e-mail. The article was finished and put to bed before Writelog 10.45 was announced, so some of the issues Howie mentioned are now moot; I would always like our articles to be current, but sometimes the world is just changing too fast.

73, Pete N4ZR
PVRC Newsletter editor